Microsoft KB Archive/926808
Article ID: 926808
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
Several features that were in earlier versions of PowerPoint are no longer available in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007. The PowerPoint 2007 help topic "Features that are not available in PowerPoint 2007" discusses some of these features. However, other features have also changed in PowerPoint 2007. This article lists those features.
PowerPoint 2007 uses the following slide layouts:
- Title Slide
- Title and Content
- Section Header
- Two Content
- Title Only
- Content with Caption
- Picture with Caption
- Title and Vertical Text
- Vertical Title and Text
Note The default slide layout is now Title Slide.
The following features are no longer available in PowerPoint 2007:
- The Microsoft Script Editor
- The use of speaker notes during a slide show
- The Custom Animation dialog box
- The AutoLayout feature
- The Prompt for File Properties check box in the PowerPoint Options dialog box
- The Presentation Advisor and other style checker features
You cannot do the following in PowerPoint 2007:
- Save a presentation in the PowerPoint 95 file format.
- Use the PowerPoint Viewer 2007 to view presentations on computers that are running versions of Windows that are earlier than Microsoft Windows 2000.
- Ungroup OLE objects that are inserted into a slide.
- Use the Recolor command to recolor charts.
- Use binary tags when you save a presentation in the PowerPoint XML file format, PowerPoint 2007 Presentation (*.pptx).
- Access Animation effects that are applied to charts and diagrams through the PowerPoint 2007 object model.
- Convert an OLE object from one type to another compatible type.
- Convert an embedded PowerPoint slide into an embedded PowerPoint presentation, or convert an embedded presentation into an embedded slide.
- Use the Shapes collection in the PowerPoint 2007 object model to work with shapes across multiple slides. You are limited to only those shapes on the selected slide.
- Open files in PowerPoint 95 or in earlier versions of PowerPoint.
Additionally, the following features have changed in PowerPoint 2007:
- When you reapply a slide layout, some formatting and style changes are not removed from placeholders on the slide.
- When you use a gradient fill to format the background of a slide, and then you set the Type to Shade to Title, the gradient fill remains rectangular. This occurs if you change the shape of the title placeholder to a non-rectangular shape, such as the star or the hexagon.
- PowerPoint 2007 no longer round trips user-added HTML tags in slide headers and footers.
- Charts that were cropped by using the Crop tool in earlier versions of PowerPoint will have the cropping removed and reset to show the full chart object.
- PowerPoint 2007 no longer uses the default Presentation (*.ppt) file format when you use the PowerPoint 2007 object model to programmatically save a presentation. You must specify the file type. Otherwise, PowerPoint will use the Save as File type that was set in the PowerPoint Options dialog box.
Keywords: kbhowto kbinfo kbtshoot kboleapp kbprogramming kbexpertisebeginner KB926808