Microsoft KB Archive/926754
Article ID: 926754
Article Last Modified on 10/11/2007
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition for Itanium-based Systems
On a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)-based computer that has the Routing and Remote Access service enabled and configured to use the Network Address Translation (NAT) functionality. The Windows Server 2003 SP1-based computer is in a high load Windows Server 2003 environment therefore, you may experience any one of the following symptoms:
- Your computer automatically restarts.
After you log on, you receive the following error message:
If the error message still appears and if you want to see the data that the error report contains, click the click here link at the bottom of the message box. You then see error signature information that may be similar to:
BCCode : 000000D1 BCP1 : parameter1 BCP2 : 0x00000002 BCP3 : 0x00000000 BCP4 : 0xf27b4e8e OSVer : 5_2_3718 SP : 0_0 Product : 272_3
- You receive the following "Stop" error message on a blue screen:
- When you view the system log in Event Viewer, you may notice an event ID 1003 entry with information that is similar to:
- The symptoms of a Stop error vary according to your computer's system failure options. For additional information about how to configure system failure options, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
307973 HOW TO: Configure Recovery Options in Windows
- The four parameters that are inside the parentheses of the technical information for the Stop error vary according to the computer's configuration.
- Not all Stop 0x000000D1 errors are caused by the problem that is described in this article.
The problem may occur if a user uses IP preservation in a high load Windows Server 2003 SP1 environment. The IP NAT driver may incorrectly process the reset interface request in Windows Server 2003 SP1 .
This update has been superseded by a newer update. For information about the newer update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
931322 Error message on a Windows Server 2003 S931322 or SP2-based computer that is configured to use the Network Address Translation (NAT) functionality: "STOP: 0x000000D1 (parameter1 , 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf27b4e8e)"
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: bugcheck bug check crash kernel bluescreen 0x000000D1 IPNAT
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbfix kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixserver kbwinserv2003presp2fix KB926754