Microsoft KB Archive/926723
Article ID: 926723
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
When you enter information in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, the keyboard layout may automatically change to the default keyboard layout. You may experience this problem if the following conditions are true:
- You have multiple keyboard layouts configured on the computer.
- You use keyboard shortcuts to change the keyboard layout.
You may experience this problem when you enter information in the following locations in Outlook 2007:
- The Type a new task box in the To-Do Bar
- The tabular view of the calendar
- Any Click to add appointment box in Day view, Week view, or Month view in the calendar
Note You do not experience this problem if you use the mouse to change the keyboard layout. You experience this problem only when you use a keyboard shortcut to change the keyboard layout.
This problem occurs because the Language Bar is not updated correctly when you use a keyboard shortcut to change the keyboard layout in Outlook 2007.
Therefore, when you perform any kind of "in cell" data entry in Outlook 2007, Outlook 2007 may switch the keyboard layout from the current keyboard layout to the default keyboard layout.
To work around this problem, use the mouse to select the keyboard layout that you want to use.
Additional query words: OL2007 Outlook2007
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB926723