Microsoft KB Archive/926707
Article ID: 926707
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Basic 2007
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
You click Help during the setup of a 2007 Microsoft Office program on a computer that is running a 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows XP or of Windows Vista. When you do this, the Help content does not appear.
To work around this issue, add the UNC path of the Setup program to the UrlAllowList entry in the registry. To do this, follow these steps.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Start Notepad.
Copy and then paste the following text into a new file.
REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x\HHRestrictions] "UrlAllowList"="\\\\UNC_path"
- Name the file 926707.reg, and then save the file to a location of your choice.
- Use the Office Customization Tool to run the 926707.reg file before the 2007 Office program is installed.
For more information about similar issues, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
892675 Certain Web sites and HTML Help features may not work after you install security update 896358 or security update 890175
Additional query words: office2007 office2k7 office12 off2007 off2k7 off12 access2007 access2k7 access12 acc2007 acc2k7 acc12 excel2007 excel2k7 excel12 xl2007 xl2k7 xl12 infopath2007 infopath2k7 infopath12 inf2007 inf2k7 inf12 onenote2007 onenote2k7 onenote12 on2007 on2k7 on12 outlook2007 outlook2k7 outlook12 ol2007 ol2k7 ol12 powerpoint2007 powerpoint2k7 powerpoint12 ppt2007 ppt2k7 ppt12 project2007 project2k7 project12 prj2007 prj2k7 prj12 publisher2007 publisher2k7 publisher12 pub2007 pub2k7 pub12 visio2007 visio2k7 visio12 vso2007 vso2k7 vso12 word2007 word2k7 word12 wd2007 wd2k7 wd12 windowsxp64 winxp64 windowsvista64 winvista64
Keywords: kbtshoot kbhelp kbsetup kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB926707