Microsoft KB Archive/926701
Article ID: 926701
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
This article applies only to a Microsoft Access database (.accdb) file.
In Microsoft Office Access 2007, the filter criteria on a multivalued field are not displayed after a filter is applied. For example, when you click Filter in the Sort & Filter group on the Home tab the applied filter criteria are not displayed. Or, when you click the filter icon in the datasheet header, the applied filter criteria are not displayed. Instead, no filter criteria appear to have been set. This is true even though you may see the word Filtered on both the record Navigation Bar and the Status Bar.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The data that is being filtered contains multiple values in a record of the column that is being filtered.
- A filter has been applied to the data.
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: View the applied filter criteria
To view the applied filter criteria, use one of the following procedures:
- Rest the mouse pointer on the column heading in the datasheet. A tip will appear that shows the current filter criteria.
- On the Home tab in the Sort & Filter group, click Advanced, and then click Advanced Filter/Sort.
Method 2: Change the applied filter criteria
To change the applied filter criteria, use one of the following procedures:
- Click Filter in the Sort & Filter group on the Home tab, or click the filter icon in the datasheet header. Then, follow these steps:
- Click to clear the Select All check box.
- Click to select each filter criteria check box as needed.
- Click OK.
- On the Home tab, click Advanced in the Sort & Filter group, and then click Advanced Filter/Sort. Make the needed changes to the criteria field, and then click Close.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
The criteria for multivalued fields that you see in the filter window may not accurately display the applied filter criteria. This problem may occur in tables and queries, or the problem may occur for the Filter property for forms, reports, and recordset objects. However, the existing filters are still applied correctly.
For more information about how to use an advanced filter, click Microsoft Office Access Help, or press F1. Type about filtering records in the Search box, and then click Search to view the topics that are returned.
For more information about multivalued fields, click Microsoft Office Access Help, or press F1. Type Guide to multivalued fields in the Search box, and then click Search to view the topics returned.
Additional query words: access2007 access2k7 access12 acc2007 acc2k7 acc12 complex data multi-value
Keywords: kbtshoot kbfilter kbdatabase kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB926701