Microsoft KB Archive/926631
Article ID: 926631
Article Last Modified on 11/17/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune software
- Zune 4GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 8GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 30GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 80GB Digital Media Player
This article describes how to change the name of your Zune device.
Note The name of your Zune device appears when you synchronize your Zune device. The name of your Zune device also appears in the social menu on your Zune device and under nearby on other Zune devices that are within range.
To change the name of your Zune device, follow these steps:
- Start Zune Software, and then connect your Zune device to a computer by using the Zune Sync cable.
- After your Zune device connects to Zune Software, click Settings, click device, and then click Name your Zune.
- Enter the name that you want to give your Zune device, or link your device to a Zune tag.
- Click OK, and then disconnect your Zune device.
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbexpertisebeginner kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbhowto KB926631