Microsoft KB Archive/926622
Article ID: 926622
Article Last Modified on 11/20/2007
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard X64 Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition for Itanium-based Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise X64 Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition for Itanium-based Systems
Bug #: 436731 (SQLBUDT)
When you try to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 1 (SP1), the installation stops unexpectedly, and the following error messages are logged in the SQL Server 2005 setup log file:
Error message 1
Error message 2
Error message 3
Additionally, error messages that resemble the following are logged in the SQL9_Hotfix_KB913090_sqlrun_sql.msp.log file.
Note The setup log file is located in the following folder:
When this problem occurs, the instance of SQL Server 2005 becomes inaccessible.
This problem occurs because the Ftdata folder does not exist when you install SQL Server 2005 SP1. For example, you may have manually deleted the folder before the installation. By default, the Ftdata folder is located in the following folder:
SQLServerInstallPath\Microsoft SQL Server\
MSSQL.X represent the corresponding values for the system. You can determine the corresponding
MSSQL.X value for a system by determining the value of the MSSQLSERVER registry entry in the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance Names\SQL\
To resolve this problem, create the Ftdata folder if the folder does not exist. Then, reinstall SQL Server 2005 SP1.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseadvanced kbsql2005setup KB926622