Microsoft KB Archive/926621
Article ID: 926621
Article Last Modified on 11/20/2007
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard X64 Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition for Itanium-based Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise X64 Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition for Itanium-based Systems
You try to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 in a cluster environment that has two cluster nodes. When you run SQL Server Setup on the first node, the setup process on the second node fails. Additionally, you receive the following error message on the first node:
This problem may occur if the following conditions are true:
- In the Setup program, you specify a domain account for the SQL Server service startup account.
- The password for the domain account contains quotation marks.
This problem occurs because the password for the domain account is incorrectly changed on the second node during the installation. In the password, one quotation mark is incorrectly changed to two quotation marks.
To work around this problem, do not use quotation marks in the password for the SQL Server service startup account when you install SQL Server 2005 in a cluster environment.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseadvanced kbsql2005setup KB926621