Microsoft KB Archive/92662
System Hangs with SuperPrint and Windows
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows versions 3.1, 3.11
- Microsoft Word for Windows, version 2.0
If you use SuperPrint 2.0 with Microsoft Windows version 3.1, three problems may occur:
- If you install Windows 3.1 over an existing copy of Windows 3.0 with SuperPrint installed, your system may stop responding (hang) if the Queue For Later check box is selected under Control Panel. When the SuperPrint driver is installed, True Type fonts are unavailable.
NOTE: This problem affects Microsoft Word for Windows 2.0 also.
- When you install SuperPrint 2.0 in Windows 3.1, your system may hang.
- You cannot print to a Hewlett-Packard (HP) LaserJet printer.
Zenographics SuperPrint requires version 2.2 or later for full compatibility with Microsoft Windows 3.1.
The following suggestions correspond to the symptoms described above: To disable the Queue For Later option, follow these steps:
- Run Windows Control Panel, and choose the Printers icon.
- Choose Configure, then choose Setup.
- Clear the Queue For Later check box.
- Edit your WIN.INI file and remove the SuperPrint entries from the LOAD= line.
- To avoid problems with your system hanging during SuperPrint setup, do not perform a default setup.
- If you have difficulty printing to an HP LaserJet with the SuperPrint driver, try printing without SuperQue (their print spooler).
For SuperPrint update information, contact Zenographics.
SuperPrint Background Information
Application name: SuperPrint version 1.1 Application type: font utility Manufacturer: Zenographics Corporation RAM required: 1MB Disk space needed: 3MB Changes to MS-DOS files: N/A Changes to Windows files: SYSTEM.INI: N/A WIN.INI: [windows] load=SUPERQUE SUPERTXT (install option) [SuperText] Font Directory=D:[path]\SUPERTXT [SuperQueue] Processing=2 OverrideSMF=0 [SuperDrivers] PrintNow=0 [LaserJet SuperDriver,LPT2:] Printer=3 [DeskJet SuperDriver,FILE:] Density=300 PrintNow=1 Files copied to Windows root directory: SUPERQUE.EXE SUPERQUE.HLP SUPERTXT.EXE SUPERTXT.HLP SUPER.WRI ZFD.INI ZFDA$.ZFM Files copied to Windows\SYSTEM directory: SuperPrint printer drivers (SD_*.DRV) that you can select during installation. SD_LJET.DRV SD_LJET.HLP SD_DJET.DRV SD_DJET.HLP SD_DOTM.DRV SD_DOTM.HLP ZTM.DLL ZDSP.DLL ZFDA.DLL SD.DLL
The Zenographics products included here are manufactured by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Additional query words: 3.10 3rdparty winword super q print inaccessible
Version : WINDOWS:2.0,3.1,3.11
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: December 2, 1999