Microsoft KB Archive/926527
Article ID: 926527
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
When you try to run Microsoft Office Access 2007, you may receive the following error message:
This problem occurs if you click Install on First Use for Access 2007 when you install the 2007 Microsoft Office suite on the computer.
This problem occurs because Microsoft Office Access 2007 Runtime is installed before you try to run the full version of Access 2007 for the first time. When you try to run Access 2007 for the first time by using an Access 2007 shortcut, Access 2007 Runtime is used. Therefore, the installation of the full version of Access 2007 is not started.
To resolve this problem, install the full version of Access 2007 manually. To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit all programs.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Microsoft Office
Suite2007, and then click Change.
Suite is a placeholder for the 2007 Office suite that is installed on the computer.
- In the Microsoft Office
Suite2007 dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
- Expand Access 2007, click the icon to the left of each feature name that you want to install manually, and then click one of the following installation options, as appropriate:
- To install a feature immediately, click Run from My Computer.
- To install a feature and all its subfeatures immediately, click Run all from My Computer.
- Click Continue.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to install and repair the 2007 Office suites, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
924611 How to install and to repair 2007 Office features
Additional query words: AC2007 ACC2007 Access2007
Keywords: kberrmsg kbtshoot kbbug kbnofix kbwindowsinstaller kbexpertiseinter kbinstallation KB926527