Microsoft KB Archive/926450
Article ID: 926450
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
Consider the following scenario. You use the net use command to map a network drive to the Sources folder. Then, you run the Setup program from the mapped drive to install Windows Vista. In this scenario, the installation may not finish successfully, and you may receive the following error message:
This issue occurs if the Setup program cannot access files and folders that are located outside the Sources folder. The Setup program requires access to these files and folders to successfully complete the installation.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Do not map a drive directly to the Sources folder. Instead, use the net use command to map a drive to the parent folder that contains the Sources folder.
- Run the Setup program by using a universal naming convention (UNC) path instead of by using the net use command to map a drive.
For more information about Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Keywords: kbsetup kberrmsg kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB926450