Microsoft KB Archive/926447
Article ID: 926447
Article Last Modified on 10/18/2006
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds may not be updated in Windows Internet Explorer 7.
This issue occurs because of one of the following reasons:
- There are connectivity issues with the feed server that prevent updates.
- The update frequency that is set for the feed is too long.
- There is an issue with the local feed cache.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Verify that the server-side RSS feeds are updating correctly. To do this, visit the Web site that hosts the server-side RSS feeds to verify that the feeds are updating and available.
- Verify that the desired update frequency for the feed is set by accessing the feed properties in Internet Explorer 7. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer 7.
- On the View menu, point to Explorer Bar, and then point to Feeds.
- In the left pane, right-click a feed, and then click Properties.
- In the Feed Properties dialog box, under Update schedule, click Settings.
- In the Feed Settings dialog box, under Default schedule, make sure that an appropriate value is set in the list.
- Click OK to close the Feed Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Feed Properties dialog box.
- If the issue is not related to the update frequency, manually update the feed in Internet Explorer 7 to see whether the contents change.
- If you still experience issues with the feed, follow the steps that are listed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to export and re-import all the feeds on the computer:
926448 In Internet Explorer 7, RSS feeds are not listed, or you cannot subscribe to RSS feeds
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner KB926447