Microsoft KB Archive/926284
Article ID: 926284
Article Last Modified on 6/5/2007
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a new list, such as a Custom List, on a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site.
- On the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site that hosts the new list, you add a List View Web Part.
- You edit the List View Web Part, and then you change the default view.
- You click Site Actions, and then you click Site Settings.
- On the Site Settings page, you click Save Site as template under Look and Feel.
In this scenario, when you try to use the template to create a new Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site, the List View Web Part in the new site displays the default columns. Additionally, the changes that you make to the List View Web Part are not retained.
How to obtain the hotfix
This issue is fixed in the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 hotfix package that is dated February 6, 2007.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: wssv3 wss3 wss30 wss3.0
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB926284