Microsoft KB Archive/926270
Article ID: 926270
Article Last Modified on 11/3/2006
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
- Microsoft Office Forms Server 2007
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a form in Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007. This form contains a Submit button.
- In the Submit Options dialog box, you enable the Show success and failure messages option.
- In the Rules for Submitting Forms dialog box, you include a Switch views action.
When you open this form in the browser and then click Submit, nothing happens. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
Note To see this error message, click to select the Display a notification about every script error check box in the Internet Options dialog box in Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, start Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu, and then click the Advanced tab.
This problem occurs because a dialog box is waiting for a user action. However, InfoPath is trying to switch views.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Start InfoPath 2007, and then open the InfoPath form in design mode.
- Double-click Submit.
- On the General tab, click Submit Options, and then click Advanced.
- Click to clear the Show success and failure messages check box, and then click OK two times.
- Save the InfoPath form.
- Republish the form template to InfoPath Forms Server 2007.
Additional query words: IP2007 InfoPath2007 IFS2007
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB926270