Microsoft KB Archive/926166
Article ID: 926166
Article Last Modified on 11/19/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune 30GB Digital Media Player
When you use the TV Out function on your Zune 30GB device, the wireless option is disabled. You experience one or more of the following conditions:
- The wireless symbol is no longer present in the lower-right corner of the display.
- When you open social, you receive a message that states "turn on wireless."
- When you try to send pictures or music, you receive a message that states "turn on wireless."
- Your Zune device does not appear in the list of Zune devices on a nearby Zune device.
- When you open the wireless settings, you cannot turn on the wireless feature.
You experience this behavior if you have TV Out turned on. The wireless option on the Zune 30GB is disabled when you have TV Out turned on.
THINGS TO TRY
- Turn off TV Out. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the home screen, select settings.
- Select display, select tv out: on, and then change the setting to off.
- After several seconds, the wireless icon will appear in the lower-right corner of the display. If the wireless icon does not appear, press the Back button, select wireless, select wireless: off, and then change the setting to on.
- Press and hold the Back button to return to the home screen.
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbzuneaccessories kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB926166