Microsoft KB Archive/926165
Article ID: 926165
Article Last Modified on 11/16/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune software
- Zune 4GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 8GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 30GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 80GB Digital Media Player
After you connect your Zune device to a computer, your Zune device’s backlight is dim and the screen states:
You cannot interact with the device.
By default, when you connect a Zune device to a computer that has the Zune software installed, the Zune software automatically starts. When the Zune software is running, the Zune device automatically connects and synchronizes if it is needed. The Zune device stays connected as long as the Zune software is running.
THINGS TO TRY
To interact with the Zune device, try one of the following steps:
- Disconnect the Zune device.
- If you want to use the Zune device but you still want to charge the device, close the Zune software.
- If you want to change the Zune software settings so that the Zune software does not automatically start when you connect a device, follow these steps:
- Open the Zune software.
- Click settings, and then click device.
- Click Sync Options, and then clear the Start Zune when I connect a device check box.
- Click OK.
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB926165