Microsoft KB Archive/926103
Article ID: 926103
Article Last Modified on 10/19/2006
- Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005
After you install the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 management pack on a Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005 server, you notice that the size of the SystemCenterReporting database grows quickly.
This problem occurs because the BizTalk Server 2006 management pack changes the sampling rate of the Documents suspended performance counter to enable data collection every 15 seconds. Therefore, the size of the SystemCenterReporting database grows much more quickly than before.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Open the MOM 2005 Administrator Console.
- In the left pane, expand Microsoft Operations Manager
ServerName, expand Management Packs, expand Rule Groups, expand Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 (enabled), expand BizTalk Server Core (enabled), and then click Performance Rules.
- In the right pane, right-click Documents suspended.
- In the Performance Measure Rule Properties dialog box, click the Data Provider tab, and then click Modify.
- In the Windows NT Performance Counter Provider Properties dialog box, click minutes in the Sample every list.
- Click OK to close the Windows NT Performance Counter Provider Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Performance Measure Rule Properties dialog box.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot kbprb KB926103