Microsoft KB Archive/926028
Article ID: 926028
Article Last Modified on 5/28/2007
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) includes an updated version of the System Preparation tool (Sysprep.exe) for Windows Server 2003. The Sysprep.exe tool is located in the Windows Server 2003 SP2 .cab file. Use this version of the Sysprep.exe tool when you deploy Windows Server 2003 SP2.
To obtain the updated version of the Sysprep.exe tool, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The System Preparation tool
The System Preparation tool enables administrators to prepare Windows Server 2003 system images as part of an automated deployment. This tool is an updated version of the System Preparation tool that is included with Windows Server 2003.
You can use the System Preparation tool to perform the following tasks in a manner that is supported by Microsoft:
- Prepare Windows for duplication from one computer to another computer.
- Change security identifiers (SIDs), other system settings, and other configuration settings to make them unique.
- Configure user-specific information that the end-user can customize when Windows starts for the first time.
- Create images of operating systems.
- Automate the Windows mini-Setup program.
- Perform auditing tasks.
The Sysprep.inf file
The Sysprep.inf file is the answer file for the Sysprep.exe tool. To build the Sysprep.inf file, use the Sysprep setup option when you run the Setup Manager Wizard.
The Deploy.cab file
The Support\Tools\Deploy.cab file includes the Deploy.chm file. Deploy.chm is a detailed Help file that describes the latest features of the Windows Server 2003 deployment tools and how to use these tools. This Help file includes information about the Sysprep.exe tool.
Keywords: kbwinservsetup atdownload kbinfo KB926028