Microsoft KB Archive/925916
Article ID: 925916
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System
- Microsoft Xbox
Your Xbox 360 console does not play video files or music files that you copied to a CD.
Typically, you experience this behavior if the following conditions are true:
- The video files or the music files are encrypted.
- The video files or the music files were copied in an unsupported format.
Note Many video compression and audio compression formats exist. However, Xbox 360 consoles only support specific compression formats.
THINGS TO TRY
- Download the most recent updates from Xbox Live. To do this, start the console, and then connect to Xbox Live. When you are prompted to, install all available updates.
- Make sure that you use one of the following compression formats for any files that you want to use on an Xbox 360 console:
Other popular media file types that are not supported by Xbox 360 consoles include the following:
- RealPlayer video
For more information about media file types, visit the following Web site:
Keywords: kbxboxconsole kbxbox360pacrimportal kbxbox360europeportal kbxbox360americasportal kbxbox360ext kbpubtypekc kbtshoot KB925916