Microsoft KB Archive/925892
Article ID: 925892
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
When you use an earlier version of Microsoft PowerPoint to view a slide show that was created in PowerPoint 2007, the SmartArt graphics are not animated.
This issue occurs if the SmartArt graphic is grouped by using a setting other than As one object.
To work around this issue, animate the SmartArt graphic as one object. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select the slide that contains the SmartArt graphic. On the View tab, click Normal in the Presentation Views group.
- On the Animations tab, click Custom Animation in the Animations group.
- In the Custom Animation task pane, click Add Effect, and then do one or more of the following:
- To make the text or object enter the slide show presentation with an effect, point to Entrance, and then click an effect.
- To add an effect to text or to an object that is on the slide, point to Emphasis, and then click an effect.
- To add an effect that makes the text or object exit the slide, point to Exit, and then click an effect.
- In the Custom Animation task pane, select the animation that you applied to the chart, click the drop-down arrow, and then click Effect Options.
- On the SmartArt Animation tab, click As one object in the Group graphic list.
Note Effects appear in the Custom Animation list from top to bottom in the order that you apply them. If you add diagram effect options, they appear in a collapsed list under the effect that you applied to the chart. The animated items are noted on the slide by a non-printing numbered tag that correlates to the effects in the list. This tag appears only in Normal view when the Custom Animation task pane is displayed.
Additional query words: PowerPoint2007 PPT2007
Keywords: kbtshoot kbanimation kbprb kbgraphic kbnewfile kbexpertisebeginner KB925892