Microsoft KB Archive/925788
Article ID: 925788
Article Last Modified on 2/13/2007
- Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
This article describes how to configure Groove Data Bridge (GDB) in Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007 to automatically delete a Groove workspace when the Groove Data Bridge identity becomes the last member of the workspace.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
When a Groove Data Bridge identity is a member of a workspace and all other members leave that workspace, the workspace remains on the Groove Data Bridge server.
You can configure Groove Data Bridge to detect when the deletion of a workspace member makes the Groove Data Bridge identity the last member of the workspace. When this occurs, Groove Data Bridge will automatically delete the workspace.
To configure automatic deletion, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Select the following registry key:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, click Key, and then type EDB, and then press ENTER to name the new key.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, type DeleteOrphanSpaces, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click DeleteOrphanSpaces, type 1 in the Value data box, click Decimal, and then click OK.
- Restart the Groove Data Bridge server.
Note This change will not affect workspaces that already have a Groove Data Bridge identity as the only member. You must manually delete those workspaces.
Keywords: kbhowto kbinfo kbprb kbexpertiseadvanced KB925788