Microsoft KB Archive/925767
Article ID: 925767
Article Last Modified on 11/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
This article describes the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 issue that is fixed in the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package that is dated September 22, 2006.
This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package.
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix package contains.
Issue that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- Consider the following scenario. You use Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor. In Outlook 2003, you address an e-mail message to a distribution list. The distribution list contains individual user aliases and other distribution lists. You expand the distribution list. Then, you run a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro that uses the DisplayType property to filter the recipients. In this scenario, the DisplayType property does not return the expected results.
Note If you do not use Word as your e-mail editor, the DisplayType property in the VBA macro returns the expected results.
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this hotfix.
To resolve this problem, submit a request to Microsoft Online Customer Services to obtain the hotfix. To submit an online request to obtain the hotfix, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Note If additional issues occur or any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. To create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 Service Pack 2 or Office 2003 Service Pack 1. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on Office 2003 Service Pack 2 than on Office 2003 Service Pack 1. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 Service Pack 1, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend it. For more information about Office 2003 Service Pack 2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
870924 How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
To use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Additional query words: outlook2003 outlook2k3 outlook11 ol2003 ol2k3 ol11
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbmacro kbqfe kbprogramming kbvba kbpubtypekc kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixserver KB925767