Microsoft KB Archive/925704
Article ID: 925704
Article Last Modified on 10/26/2007
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 11
When you try to use Microsoft Windows Media Player 11, you experience one of the following symptoms:
- You receive the following error message:
- Windows Media Player does not start.
- Some Windows Media Player user interface (UI) elements are blank. For example, user-defined menus are blank.
This problem occurs if one of the following conditions is true:
- The component registration for the Jscript.dll file or for the VBScript.dll file is corrupted.
- One or both of these files have become unregistered.
To resolve this problem, reregister the Jscript.dll and Vbscript.dll files. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.
- Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK.
Note In Microsoft Windows Vista, these commands must be run from an elevated command prompt. For more information about the elevated command prompt in Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web site, and then scroll down to the "Known Issues and Work-Arounds" section:
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB925704