Microsoft KB Archive/925629
Article ID: 925629
Article Last Modified on 2/9/2007
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Consider the following scenario:
- You record a TV program on a Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer.
- The TV program is broadcast by a Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestrial (DVB-T) television station.
- The TV program broadcast uses a widescreen (16 x 9) display width.
- In Media Center, you select Create CD/DVD to burn the TV program to a DVD. You select Video DVD as the disk format.
In this scenario, when you play the recorded DVB-T TV program from the DVD in Media Center, the video is distorted. For example, the video appears to be squashed. Black bars appear on either side of the screen.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Media Center Technical Support
Because Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition was included with your hardware device or system, the hardware manufacturer provides technical support and assistance for this software. Your manufacturer may have customized the installation with unique components such as specific device drivers and optional settings to maximize the performance of that manufacturer's hardware. If you require technical help with Windows XP Media Center Edition, contact your manufacturer directly because the manufacturer is best qualified to support the software that the manufacturer has installed on the hardware.
You can also visit the Windows XP Media Center Edition product information Web site at the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/
Additional query words: squished squashed smooshed
Keywords: kbqfe kbnofix kbbug kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB925629