Microsoft KB Archive/925604
Article ID: 925604
Article Last Modified on 10/4/2006
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange
When you use Sybari Antigen 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange, you may notice that all the scan engines are not updated. And, in the Application log in Event Viewer, many events that indicate that the scan engines failed are logged.
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- The Scanner update occurs through a proxy server.
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server is configured to use the Integrated Authentication method.
Antigen 8.0 for Exchange does not support the Integrated Authentication method when a proxy server is used. This behavior differs from earlier versions of Antigen for Exchange.
Important This article contains information that shows you how to help lower security settings or how to turn off security features on a computer. You can make these changes to work around a specific problem. Before you make these changes, we recommend that you evaluate the risks that are associated with implementing this workaround in your particular environment. If you implement this workaround, take any appropriate additional steps to help protect your system.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft ISA Server, and then click ISA Server Management.
- Expand the domain name, expand Configuration, and then click Networks.
- Right-click the network to which Antigen for Exchange is connected, and then click Properties.
- In the Internal Properties dialog box, click the Web Proxy tab, and then click Authentication.
- Under Method, click Basic.
- In the ISA Server Configuration dialog box, click Yes.
- Click OK, click OK, and then close ISA Server Management.
Additional query words: EX
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB925604