Microsoft KB Archive/925589
Article ID: 925589
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
After you create and then protect a worksheet that contains locked shapes with text in Microsoft Office Excel 2007, you can modify these locked shapes in the protected worksheet. This problem occurs when you open protected worksheets that contain locked shapes and that were created in Excel 2007 and in earlier versions of Excel.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Insert a shape in a worksheet in Excel 2007.
- Format the shape.
- Add text to the shape.
- Right-click the shape, and then click Size and Properties.
- On the Properties tab, click to clear the Lock Text check box, and then click OK.
- On the Review tab, click Protect Sheet under Changes.
- In the Protect Sheet dialog box, click OK.
- Right-click the text in the shape, and then click either Size and Properties or Format Shape.
- Change the formatting of the shape, and then save the changes.
Additional query words: xl12 xl2007 xl2k7 Excel12 Excel2007 Excel2k7 2k7 12
Keywords: kbtshoot kbproperties kbformat kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB925589