Microsoft KB Archive/92543
WFWG Err Msg: An Error Has Occurred. ClipBook Viewer Cannot...
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups versions 3.1, 3.11
- Microsoft Excel for Windows, versions 4.0, 5.0
- Microsoft Word for Windows, versions 2.0, 2.0a, 2.0a-CD, 2.0b, 2.0c, 6.0
When you paste a range of cells from Microsoft Excel for Windows to ClipBook Viewer (creating a new ClipBook page), you may receive the following error message:
An error has occurred. ClipBook Viewer cannot complete this procedure.
If you are using Word for Windows, version 6.0, the following error message is displayed:
There is insufficient memory. Save the document now.
This is due to a problem in Excel for Windows and the method it uses to render its Clipboard image.
If you are using Microsoft Word for Windows, version 2.x, choose a smaller range to allow the cells to paste correctly.
If you are using version 6.0 of Microsoft Word for Windows, follow these steps:
- Save your Excel file.
- Define the area to be copied as the Print Area.
- Choose Page Setup from the Files menu, and change the Scaling "Fit to:" option to 1 pages wide by 1 tall.
- Copy the range and paste it into your Microsoft Word document.
- In Microsoft Excel, revert to your saved file and reset the Print Area and Page Setup options.
All information copied to Clipboard or ClipBook Viewer is formatted by the source application. Excel for Windows does not successfully create a picture format when the range of cells is larger than 32 by 32 centimeters, which generates the above error message. (The error message also occurs if you simply paste a 30-column-by-1-row range.)
Similar behavior may occur when pasting from Excel into Word for Windows if you choose Paste Special from the Edit menu in Word and then select Picture from the Date Type list box:
There is not enough memory to complete this operation.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here as it becomes available.
Additional query words: wfw 3.10 3.11
Version : WINDOWS:2.0,2.0a,2.0a-CD,2.0b,2.0c,3.1,3.11,4.0,5.0,6.0
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: October 5, 1999