Microsoft KB Archive/925384
Article ID: 925384
Article Last Modified on 7/25/2007
- Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System
- Microsoft Xbox Live Vision
- Microsoft Xbox
This article describes how to connect an Xbox LIVE Vision camera to a computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP.
The Xbox LIVE Vision camera is designed to work with an Xbox 360 console and a computer that is running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, or a later version of Windows XP, and that has a USB 2.0 port.
Note Using the Xbox LIVE Vision Camera on a computer that is running Windows Vista may not provide optimal performance.
For more information about how to use an Xbox LIVE Vision camera together with an Xbox 360 console, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
925385 Xbox 360: How to use the Xbox LIVE Vision camera together with an Xbox 360 console
Connect an Xbox LIVE Vision camera to a computer
- Make sure that your computer is running Windows XP with Service Pack 2. To do this, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click System. The window that opens will display the currently installed version information.
- Start the computer, and then connect the camera cable to an available USB 2.0 port.
The Found New Hardware Wizard appears
- In the wizard, select the options to let Windows Update automatically find and install the driver for the Xbox LIVE Vision camera.
- Put the camera on a stable surface, and then point the camera toward you or toward the object that you want to capture. The Ring of Light (RoL) on the camera will illuminate when the camera is capturing video.
- The Xbox 360 LIVE Vision Camera uses the standard USB Video Class driver that is provided in Windows XP.
- To test the Xbox LIVE Vision camera or to configure the camera settings on the computer, open the Scanners and Cameras item in Control Panel. (Alternatively, to manually access the wizard, click Start, click Run, type control sticpl.cpl, and then click OK.) Double-click the camera icon, and then follow the wizard.
- You must connect the camera to a high-speed USB 2.0 port. Earlier versions of USB ports are not supported.
- The Xbox LIVE Vision camera works with computers that are running Windows XP with SP2 or a later version of Windows XP.
- To complete the camera setup, you must install the driver for the camera. To automatically find and install the Xbox LIVE Vision driver, use the Found New Hardware Wizard. The wizard automatically starts the first time that you connect the camera.
- If you have a microphone connected to the computer, you can use the microphone for the audio together with the Xbox LIVE Vision camera.
- For program-specific support, see the user documentation that is included with the program.
Clean the Xbox LIVE Vision camera
To clean the camera, use a dry or slightly water-damp cloth only. Cleaning solutions or cleaning the connectors can damage your camera. To clean the camera lens, use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth or lens paper only.
Keywords: kbhowto kbinfo kbpubtypekc kbxboxperipherals kbxbox360pacrimportal kbxbox360americasportal kbxbox360europeportal kbxbox360ext KB925384