Microsoft KB Archive/925378
Article ID: 925378
Article Last Modified on 11/29/2006
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Architects
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team System Test Edition
Consider the following scenario. You use the Mt.exe tool to create a corrupted limited user account manifest. The manifest includes the Windows Vista extension. You add the manifest to an .exe file or a DLL. You run the .exe file or load the DLL. In this scenario, the computer may restart.
Note The Mt.exe tool is included in the Platform Software Development Kit (SDK). The Mt.exe tool creates signed files and catalogs.
To resolve this problem, install the Windows Vista SDK on the computer. To download the Windows Vista SDK, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Note The new version of the Mt.exe tool is included in the Windows Vista SDK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Additional query words: LUA
Keywords: kbprb kbqfe kbpubtypekc KB925378