Microsoft KB Archive/925317
Article ID: 925317
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
When you are using your Zune device to play video, to play music, to play radio, to synchronize, or to transfer files, the device stops responding.
THINGS TO TRY
- Update the firmware on your Zune device to the latest version. For more information about how to update the firmware on a Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
926770 How to update the firmware for your Zune device
- Reset your Zune device. To do this, set the Hold switch to Unlocked, and then press and hold the Back button as you press the top of the Control Pad.
Note The reset may take one minute. The length of this delay depends on which component stopped responding.
- If the device does not respond to button presses, you may have to unlock the device. To do this, set the Hold switch to Unlocked. If the switch is already in the unlocked position, you may have to set the switch to Locked and then set it back to Unlocked. For more information about a Zune device that does not respond to the controls , click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
928211 You do not receive a response when you press any of the controls on the Zune device
- If the device is unlocked and has a blank, black screen, you may have to charge the device. For more information about an unresponsive device that has a weak battery charge, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
927711 The screen on your Zune device remains black and does not respond when you press any buttons
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB925317