Microsoft KB Archive/924953
Article ID: 924953
Article Last Modified on 1/4/2008
- Microsoft Antigen for Exchange
- Microsoft Antigen for SMTP Gateways
- Microsoft Antigen Spam Manager
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for SMTP Gateways
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for IM
Over time, the Programlog.txt file or the AntigenHRLog.txt file may grow too large on a computer that is running Microsoft Antigen or Sybari Antigen.
This issue occurs if the Max Program Log Size setting is set too high in Antigen.
Note By default in the pre-Service Pack 1 (SP1) versions of Sybari Antigen 8.0 and of Microsoft Antigen 9.0, this value is set to 0 (zero). A value of zero allows for unlimited growth of these log files.
In Microsoft Antigen 9.0 SP1 (version 9.1.1097.0) or in later versions of Antigen, the default value is set to 25600 (25 megabytes).
To resolve this issue, modify the Max Program Log Size setting to limit the growth of these log files. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the Antigen Administrator program. To do this, click Start, click Run, type antigenclient.exe, and then click OK.
- In the Antigen Administrator Program, click Settings in the Shuttle Navigator, and then click General Options.
- Locate the Max Program Log Size value in the Logging area of the General Options Work Panel.
Note By default, Max Program Log Size is set to 0.
- Modify this value to a value that is appropriate for your environment. We recommend that you change this value to approximately 25,600. This value sets a log file growth of 25 megabytes (MB).
- Click Save.
After you make this change, the following behavior occurs:
- The maximum size for the following log files is set to 25 MB each:
- When the Programlog.txt file reaches 25 MB, it is renamed "Programlog.bak." When the AntigenHRLog.txt file reaches 25 MB, it is renamed "AntigenHRLog.bak."
- A new file that has a .txt file name extension is created to replace the renamed log file and to continue logging.
- When the new log file reaches 25 MB, it is renamed to use a .bak file name extension. In this situation, the earlier .bak log file is removed.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB924953