Microsoft KB Archive/924938
Article ID: 924938
Article Last Modified on 2/8/2007
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition
Consider the following scenario. You install Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (Windows SBS) 2003 R2 on a computer that does not use the English language. Then, you view the Health Monitor notifications by using one of the following methods:
- You click Monitoring and Reporting in the Server Management MMC snap-in to view the notifications section.
- You receive a notification in an e-mail message.
- You open Health Monitor in Administrative Tools.
In this scenario, the notification text may appear in the English language and not in the language that you specified when you installed Windows SBS 2003 R2.
To resolve this problem, you must install the following update from the Microsoft Update Web site:
Update for Windows Small Business Server 2003: Health Monitor text may appear in English on non-English editions (KB924938)
Click the following link to view the Microsoft Update Web site:
After you install the update, notifications in Health Monitor appear in the language of the Windows SBS installation.
To uninstall the update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the Show Updates check box at the top of the page.
- Click the title of the update that you want to uninstall. Specific updates are identified by the Knowledge Base (KB) article number that is referenced in the title.
- Click Remove.
- When the Software Update Removal Wizard appears, click Next, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the selected update.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB924938