Microsoft KB Archive/924737
Article ID: 924737
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
When you double-click an OLE Object field in a Microsoft Office Access 2007 database table to try to open an Access 2007 database file, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
To work around this problem follow these steps:
- Select the field that contains the Access 2007 database file that you want to open.
- Right-click the field, click Package Object, and then click Edit Package.
- Select the Access 2007 database file icon in the left pane, and then click Save Contents on the File menu.
- Type the name of the Access 2007 database file in the File name text box, and then click Save.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- In an Access 2007 database, click the Create tab, and then click Table.
- Press CTRL+S, type OLETable in the Table Name box, and then click OK.
- Right-click OLETable: Table in the Navigation Pane, and then click Design View.
- Type MyOLEFiled in the Field Name column, select OLE Object in the Data Type column, and then press CTRL+S to save the changes.
- Right-click OLETable: Table in the Navigation Pane, and then click Open.
- Select the MyOLEField field, right-click the selected field, and then click Insert Object.
- Click Create from File, and then click Browse.
- Locate and then select an Access 2007 database file that has an .accdb file name extension. Then, click OK.
- Click OK in the Microsoft Office Access dialog box to add the database file to the field.
- Double-click the MyOLEField field that contains the inserted database file.
Additional query words: AC2007 ACC2007 Access2007
Keywords: kberrmsg kbtshoot kbbug kbdatabase kbprb kbopenfile kbexpertiseinter KB924737