Microsoft KB Archive/924679
Article ID: 924679
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
Consider the following scenario:
- You check the spelling in one of the 2007 Microsoft Office programs that are listed in the "Applies To" section.
- In the Spelling dialog box, you click Ignore All or Change All when the spelling checker locates a word that is not in the dictionary.
In this scenario, the spelling checker does not ignore later instances of that word. Instead, the spelling checker prompts you every time that it detects the particular word.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The document contains text in different languages. For example, the document contains English, French, and Italian text.
- The dictionary language that is selected is not English. For example, French (Canada) is specified as the dictionary language.
When these conditions are true, the Ignore All functionality and Change All functionality of the spelling checker do not work for languages other than the dictionary language that is selected.
Therefore, if you specify the French (Canada) dictionary language, the spelling checker does not ignore later instances of Italian words when you click Ignore All.
To work around this problem, check the spelling in the document one time for each language that is used in the document. Make sure that you specify the appropriate dictionary language every time that you check the spelling. To change the dictionary language, press F7 to start the spelling checker, and then click the appropriate dictionary in the Dictionary Language list.
For example, to check the spelling in a document that contains English, French, and Italian text, check the spelling three times. Check the spelling one time by using a French dictionary, one time by using an Italian dictionary, and one time by using an English dictionary.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: PPT2007 PowerPoint2007 XL2007 Excel2007 WD2007 Word2007 Office2007 OFF2007 Office 2007
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB924679