Microsoft KB Archive/924633
Article ID: 924633
Article Last Modified on 10/11/2006
- Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005
This article describes how to determine which version of the Availability Reporting Management Pack for Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 is installed. This article also describes how to determine the version of the Availability Reporting database components and of the Availability Reporting Management Pack file.
There are four parts to the Availability Reporting Management Pack.
- The Availability Reporting database components
- The Availability Reporting Management Pack file (.akm)
- The Availability Reporting Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in
- The Availability Reporting report file (.rdl)
You can determine the version of the Availability Reporting database components by executing an SQL query against the SystemCenterReporting database. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log on to the computer that is running Microsoft SQL Server and that hosts the SystemCenterReporting database. Use an account that has administrative permissions.
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server, and then click Query Analyzer.
- In the Connect to SQL Server dialog box, specify the instance of SQL Server that you want to connect to, specify the type of authentication that you want to use, and then click OK.
- On the Query Analyzer toolbar, click the list of databases, and then select SystemCenterReporting.
- In the Editor pane of SQL Query Analyzer, type SELECT * FROM MRAS_MRASInstallVersion, and then click Execute Query.
- The values next to TableVersion determine the table schema version.
- The values next to ProcVersion determine the stored procedure schema version.
All current releases of the Availability Reporting Management Pack have a TableVersion value of 1.0. However, these releases each have different ProcVersion values, as follows:
- The first release of the Management Pack, released in September 2005, has a ProcVersion value of 1.5 and a Management Pack .akm file version of 05.0.3000.000.
- The second release of the Management Pack, released in November 2005, has a ProcVersion value of 1.5 and a Management Pack .akm file version of 05.0.4000.000.
- The third release of the Management Pack, released in August 2006, has ProcVersion value of 1.8 and a Management Pack .akm file version of 05.0.5000.000.
Keywords: kbhowto KB924633