Microsoft KB Archive/924423
Article ID: 924423
Article Last Modified on 9/28/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Office 2003 Multilingual User Interface Pack
Microsoft has released updates for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and for Microsoft Office 2003 Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI). This article contains information about how to obtain the updates and how to determine whether the updates are installed. Additionally, this article describes issues that you may encounter when you install the updates or after you install the updates.
This update provides holidays for the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 calendar and for the Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 calendar for the years 2007 through 2012.
Additionally, this update provides holidays for the Outlook 2003 and for the Outlook 2007 calendar when Outlook is used with a Multilingual User Interface Pack installed. This update provides holidays for the years 2007 through 2012.
Known issues that may occur when you install the updates
- If you previously edited your holiday file, the updates will not replace your holiday file even if the updates are successfully installed. Therefore, to obtain the updated holiday file that is provided in the updates, you must rename your existing holiday file before you install the updates.
Known issues that may occur after you install the updates
- If you renamed your old holiday file before you installed the updates, the changes that you made to the old holiday file will not be available in the new holiday file. You must modify the new file to add your custom changes to the file so that they will appear in the new holiday file.
- If you install the updates and still have no holidays past December 2006, the holiday file on your computer was not updated even though the updates were successfully installed.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps, and then install the updates.
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Exit Outlook 2003.
- Click Start, click Search, and then click All files and folders.
- In the All or part of the file name box, type Outlook.hol.
- In the Look in box, click Local Hard Drives.
- Click Search.
- Right-click the Outlook.hol file, click Rename, type Outlook.old, and then press ENTER.
- If you made custom changes to your old holiday file, but you did not rename the holiday file before you installed the updates, you may be automatically reverted to the new holiday file. In this situation, you will lose your custom changes. This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The old holiday file becomes corrupted.
- You repair the Outlook 2003 installation.
- If you install the updates and then add holidays to your calendar, uninstalling the updates does not remove the entries in your calendar. Instead, the version of the Outlook.hol file on the computer is reverted to the version that you had before you installed the updates.
How to obtain and install the update
The update for Outlook 2003 is located at the Microsoft Download Center. To download this update and to view installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft Office 2003 Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI)
The update for the Office 2003 MUI Pack is located at the Microsoft Download Center. To download this update and to view installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
How to determine whether the update is installed
The update contains the file that has the version that is listed in the following table.
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
You do not have to install this update if you have a later version of the file that is listed in the table.
Information for administrators about .msp files
The updates consist of a full-file Microsoft Windows Installer (.msp) file. The .msp file is packaged in a self-extracting executable file. The .msp files in the following table are distributed in this update.
|Name of .msp file||Description|
|Outlhol.msp||Applies to Outlook 2003|
||Applies to Office 2003 MUI Pack|
Features for reinstalling specific components for administrators
If you update your administrative installation point and then recache and reinstall Outlook 2003 on client computers, you can run a command line that includes the REINSTALL=[
list of features] property. This property specifies whether you want to reinstall specific components of Outlook 2003 from the administrative image. For these updates, the value for [
list of features] is as follows:
Alternatively, you can substitute the parameter REINSTALL=ALL to reinstall all Microsoft Office components on the client computer.
For detailed procedures that explain how to update an administrative image and how to update client computers, see the "Updating clients from a patched administrative image" section in the "Distributing Office 2003 Product Updates" topic. To view the "Distributing Office 2003 Product Updates" topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The Microsoft Office Desktop Applications TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. For more information about the Microsoft Office Desktop Applications TechCenter, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: outlook2003 outlook2k3 outlook11 ol2003 ol2k3 ol11 outlook office security patch performance reliability update download 2003 fix mui
Keywords: kbdownload kbfix kbqfe kbupdate kbpubtypekc kbcalendar atdownload kbexpertisebeginner KB924423