Microsoft KB Archive/924401
Article ID: 924401
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
Consider the following scenario. In Microsoft Office Visio 2007, you link data to shapes in a drawing. And, you apply a data graphic to each shape. Then, you change the data source of the drawing to a different data source. In this scenario, the applied data graphic may disappear when you update the data in the drawing. For example, this behavior may occur when you click Refresh in the Refresh Data dialog box.
This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The new data source contains a schema that differs from the previous data source.
- You select the Use the order of rows to identify the changes option in the Configure Refresh dialog box after you change the data source.
By design, the data graphics are not regenerated when the schema of the data source is changed.
To work around this behavior, modify the data graphic items of the data graphic shape. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Data Graphics task pane, click the data graphic that is applied to the shape. Then, click Edit Data Graphic.
- Click the data graphic item.
- In the Data Field box for the data graphic item, click the appropriate column name.
- Click OK.
Note After you complete these steps, the old column names will be removed from the Data Field list. The old column names for all the data graphic items of the applied data graphic will be removed.
Additional query words: visio2007 visio2k7 visio12 vso2007 vso2k7 vso12
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbdisplay kbexpertisebeginner KB924401