Microsoft KB Archive/92438
Article ID: 92438
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 2.1
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.0
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.2
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.5
This article was previously published under Q92438
The External Mail program in Microsoft Mail supports an undocumented -Qx option that supplements the documented -V (verbose) option. The -Qx option reports on major operations and displays the results in the Activity section of the External program screen.
The four -Qx options are as follows:
- Q1 reports main points of the program when scanning and delivering mail.
- Q2 reports the state of the serial buffer.
- Q3 reports the state of the P1 files in versions 3.2 and 3.0. It is not available in Microsoft Mail version 2.1.
- Q4 reports memory usage.
Each option places its report in the "LAN Postoffice Mail Activity" section of External's program screen.
The -Q4 option does not log any information into the SESSION.LOG file. The memory usage information reported by -Q4 is cryptic, especially in Microsoft Mail version 2.1.
The -Qx options are meant for advanced developers and product support personnel to help them debug programs and troubleshoot problems. Because of the technical and cryptic nature of the -Qx reports, they can be misleading to less technical users.
Additional query words: 2.10 3.00 3.20 3.50