Microsoft KB Archive/924337
Article ID: 924337
Article Last Modified on 8/23/2006
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
When you print a Microsoft Office Word 2003 document, a paragraph is reprinted over itself. Additionally, the reprinted paragraph is slightly indented. Therefore, the text is unreadable.
This problem occurs if the Automatically hyphenate document check box is selected in the Hyphenation dialog box.
How to obtain the hotfix
This issue is fixed in the Word 2003 Hotfix Package that is dated August 7, 2006. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
923824 Description of the Word 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: August 7, 2006
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Exit Word 2003.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type CleanupOldHyphBeforeHyphenate, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click CleanupOldHyphBeforeHyphenate, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: WD2003
Keywords: kbprint kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbpubtypekc KB924337