Microsoft KB Archive/924229
Article ID: 924229
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
Source: Microsoft Support
RAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, AND MAY BE UPDATED AS NEW INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
Outlook 2003 users are experiencing slowness when switching between Messages and Folder views. Typically it takes an additional 3-7 seconds to display the message.
Users could also see delays when swapping between an Open message and the Main Outlook application window.
We found that a third party add in was causing the delays. The Third party add in is Salesforce. Once we Uninstalled the Salesforce Application there were no issues with Slowness or Delays in opening messages or swapping between an Open message and the Outlook applicaiton window.
Version of Salesforce that is Running: 220.127.116.11
My Customer is currently working with Salesforce for additional tweaks that may correct the behavior and performance of Salesforce.
Some suggestions that did not seem to work for My customer but I am adding these in here for Reference.
If the user is under Outlook 2002:
- When Outlook Edition 2.0 is installed, the option Enable context sensitive toolbar buttons should be defaulted to "False".
- If user is experiencing slowness while trying to navigate around Outlook, check to see if the Enable context sensitive toolbar buttons is selected or not.
- To check this in Outlook, go to:
Tools | Salesforce Options | General tab
- To check the registry entry, go to:
Start | Run | type "regedit' | HKEY Current User | Software | Salesforce.com | SM | ContextSensitiveButtons.
- If Enable context sensitive toolbar buttons is selected, deselect it in the Salesforce Options or edit ContextSensitiveButtons to be False in the registry
- Close Outlook and open it back up again
If the user is under Outlook 2003:
- If the user is using Outlook 2003, the user could try to work in Cache Mode
- To work in Cache mode:
In Outlook go to:
Tools | E-mail Accounts | View or change existing e-mail accounts | Select the appropriate e-mail account | Select Change | Select |Use Cached Exchange Mode
There is also a Newer version of the Add in we are waiting on an update in it's use.
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S) AND/OR THE PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME.
Keywords: kbprb kbtshoot kbrapidpub KB924229