Microsoft KB Archive/924226
Article ID: 924226
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
Source: Microsoft Support
RAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, AND MAY BE UPDATED AS NEW INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
When you try to click the Contacts shortcut in your Outlook bar, nothing happens. When you examine the Folder List, the Contacts folder is not present. However, if you right click the Contacts shortcut in the Outlook Bar and click Open In New Window, the Contacts folder opens.
Using the command "outlook.exe /resetfolders" has no impact on this. If you examine the mailbox with MDBVU32.EXE or MFCMAPI.EXE, the Contacts folder is present.
This problem can be caused by improperly formatting the Provisioning registry keys for OWA on the Back-End (mailbox) Exchange Server.
Correct the registry value using the information from the following article from the Knowedge Base online to prevent future issues with any users moved to the impacted Back-End Exchange Server:
To immediately correct the problem for existing users, you can use the following steps using MFCMAPI.EXE:
- Launch MFCMAPI and click OK to the first window.
- Click Session, click Log On and Display Store Table.
- Choose the Outlook profile for the mailbox and click OK, provide credentials if prompted.
- Double click the Mailbox - <username> and a new window will open.
- Expand the Root Folder .
- Expand Top Of Information Store.
- Single click to select the impacted folder - for example Contacts.
- In the detail window, note the value of the PR_ATTR_HIDDEN property (T or F - T means it is Hidden).
- Double click PR_ATTR_HIDDEN and uncheck the "Boolean" box and click OK.
- Close all MFCMAPI windows and log off Outlook and restart.
The Contacts (or other) folder will be visible and the shortcuts will now work.
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S) AND/OR THE PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME.
Keywords: kbprb kbtshoot kbrapidpub KB924226