Microsoft KB Archive/924222
Article ID: 924222
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
Source: Microsoft Support
RAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, AND MAY BE UPDATED AS NEW INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
how to get an image into the signature file in OWA. You have exchange 2003 SP2 running on windows 2003 SP1
Please find the workaround below, which actually shows the image in the signature.
It is as follows
- In OWA -> Options -> email security -> install SMIME control
- Insert the image (e.g. GIF/JPG/BMP) into the signature. Please make sure u add a text before you copy/paste the image (i.e. Best regards,). Save and close out of it.
- Compose and email via OWA and check if the image shows up.
- This workaround worked for one of my customers.
Please note this is just a finding and may or may not work in your case. Also Microsoft’s stand on this is that we cannot have images in OWA signatures, and hence is not a supported configuration. This has not been documented any where as well.
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S) AND/OR THE PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME.
Keywords: kbhowto kbrapidpub KB924222