Microsoft KB Archive/924211
Article ID: 924211
Article Last Modified on 10/29/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
Source: Microsoft Support
RAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, AND MAY BE UPDATED AS NEW INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
When opening Microsoft Word attachments, you receive the following error:
If you clear the Forms Cache, the problem goes away.
From the customer:
- The issue is with c:\heller\templates\startup\nmbrasst.dot (the Payne Consulting Group Numbering Assistant) and c:\program files\payne consulting group\numbering assistant\nmbrasst.dll.
- In Word 2003, the Numbering Assistant allows users to add more than one numbering scheme within a single document. An indicator as to what scheme was in use in a particular part of the document was added to the Numbering Assistant toolbar.
- The new indicator was not loading properly and causing a "time out" delay which appeared when opening Word attachments in Outlook and Word was not already open.
- Payne has updated their files to improve the timing in terms of loading startup templates.
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S) AND/OR THE PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME.
Keywords: kbprb kbtshoot kbrapidpub KB924211