Microsoft KB Archive/923938
Article ID: 923938
Article Last Modified on 5/25/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
When you delete an item from a SharePoint list in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, you do not receive a delete confirmation dialog box.
Note When you delete an item from a SharePoint list in Outlook 2007, the item will also be deleted from a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 or 3.0 site.
To work around this problem, modify the permissions for a list so that specific users cannot modify the contents of the list. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 or 3.0 site, open the list for which you want to modify the permissions.
- Click Settings, and then click List Settings.
- Click Permissions for the list, click Actions, and then click Edit Permissions.
- Click OK.
- Click to select the check box of the user or group that you want to modify, click Actions, and then click Edit User Permissions.
- Click to select the Read - Can view pages, list items, and documents check box, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: kbRTMPublic WSSv3
Keywords: kbbug kbtshoot kbtasks kbprb KB923938