Microsoft KB Archive/923933
Article ID: 923933
Article Last Modified on 5/9/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
In Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, the home page setting is disabled for non-default stores. Non-default stores can include Personal Folders files (.pst) or the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services folders. These folders are also stored in a .pst file.
To see the home page setting for a non-default store, right-click the store in the Navigation Pane, click Properties, and then click the Home Page tab.
By default, you cannot type or paste a URL in the Address box.
This issue occurs because, by default, home pages are disabled for non-default stores.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods.
Apply the Do not allow folders in non-default stores to be set as folder home pages policy. To do this, follow these steps:
- Add the Outlk12.adm Group Policy template file to the Group Policy Object Editor.
- Expand User Configuration, expand Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, expand Tools|Options, expand Other, and then expand Advanced.
- In the Setting column, double-click Do not allow folders in non-default stores to be set as folder home pages.
- On the Setting tab, click Disabled.
Note To obtain the 2007 Office System Administrative Templates (ADM), visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Add a new registry value that lets you turn on or turn off this policy setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook 2007.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type NonDefaultStoreScript, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click NonDefaultStoreScript, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Additional query words: OL2007 Outlook2007 OL12 Outlook12 OL2k7 Outlook2k7 WSSv3
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB923933