Microsoft KB Archive/923911
Article ID: 923911
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
When you save a drawing as a stencil file (.vss) in Microsoft Office Visio 2007, the workspace is unexpectedly saved in the stencil file.
Note In earlier versions of Microsoft Visio, the workspace is not saved when you save a drawing as a stencil file.
To work around this behavior, turn off the Save workspace property for the drawing. Then, save the file as a stencil. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Visio drawing that contains the stencil that you want to save.
- On the File menu, click Properties.
- On the Summary tab, click to clear the Save workspace check box, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, click Stencil (*.vss), and then click Save.
Additional query words: visio2007 visio2k7 visio12 vso2007 vso2k7 vso12
Keywords: kbtshoot kbtemplate kbprb kbsavefile kbexpertisebeginner KB923911