Microsoft KB Archive/923903
Article ID: 923903
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Consider the following scenario:
- You add a new user in Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- You grant the new user account Contribute permissions.
- In the document library, you add a new user column from the Site Columns list. For example, you add the Assigned To column.
- The new user who has Contribute permissions uploads a new document to the document library.
- The user adds a domain user account in the Assigned To column.
In this scenario, when you click the All People list on the People and Groups page in Site Settings, the user who was added to the new user column is displayed.
By default, when you have only Contribute permissions and you add a new user to a user column, that user does not have permissions on the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site. This occurs even though the user is displayed in the All People list.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: WSSv3
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB923903