Microsoft KB Archive/923833
Article ID: 923833
Article Last Modified on 11/2/2007
- Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 Standard Edition
After you upgrade from Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 to Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2, you may receive one or both of the following error messages when you try to open the Virtual Server 2005 Administration Web page:
This issue occurs if the security account for the virtual server application pool in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is using the Network Service account. Then, when you install Virtual Server 2005 R2, the Virtual Server 2005 Web site is configured to run by using the Local System account.
To work around this issue, you must make the security account for the virtual server application pool use the Local System account in IIS Manager. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log on to the computer that is running Virtual Server 2005 by using an account that has administrative permissions.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand Application Pools, right-click the virtual server application pool, and then click Properties.
- Click the Identity tab, click the list next to Predefined, click Local System, and then click OK.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB923833