Microsoft KB Archive/923818
Article ID: 923818
Article Last Modified on 7/12/2007
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
Consider the following scenario in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0:
- You create a new Many-to-1 relationship entity and set the Type of Behavior option to an option other than Configurable Cascading. For example, you set the Type of Behavior option to Referential.
- You save and publish the new entity.
- You export the entity and change the Type of Behavior option from Referential to Configurable Cascading.
- You save and publish the exported entity.
- You then import all the customizations.
In this scenario, after you import all the customizations, the changes that you made to the Type of Behavior option are not saved.
This problem is fixed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
922815 Update Rollup 2 is available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
Install this hotfix on computers that are running Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 server. This hotfix installs a registry entry that is named "ImportAllRelationships." The entry is installed in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM registry subkey. The value is set to 1. This value enables this hotfix.
Note When you install Update Rollup 2 (KB 927751), this registry hive is not automatically added. Therefore, you must add it manually. To do this, follow these steps.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- On the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ImportAllRelationships, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ImportAllRelationships, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Additional query words: crm3 crm30 crm3.0
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbmbsmigrate kbpubtypekc KB923818