Microsoft KB Archive/58725
Article ID: 58725
Article Last Modified on 9/30/2003
- Microsoft LAN Manager 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft LAN Manager 2.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft LAN Manager 2.1a
- Microsoft LAN Manager 2.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q58725
DCA/Microsoft Communications Server/Workstation (Comm Server) products provide communications support between OS/2 and IBM MVS and VM environments through IBM System Network Architecture (SNA) networks. Comm Server supports IBM 3270 terminal interfaces (LU 1, 2, 3) and Advanced Program-to-Program Communications (APPC over LU 6.2). Both options support C-language-based API interfaces, including high-level-language API (HLLAPI) for 3270 terminal support and APPC APIs for APPC support. HLLAPI support also includes language interface modules (LIMs), which allow customers to provide their own support for other high-level languages.
Please refer to the DCA/Microsoft Communications Server documentation for more information about link types supported, and other facilities provided by Comm Server.
Micro Tempus, based in Montreal, Canada, has announced additional products that will enhance the connectivity between LAN Manager and IBM MVS environments, including the following:
- LAN Manager/MVS: Porting LAN Manager to run on IBM mainframes. This product will include support for disk sharing as well as API support, including named pipes and LAN APIs for the mainframe.
- The Enterprise Router. Using Comm Server and special IBM host software, this product allows an IBM host to act as a transparent "router" of requests between two OS/2 LAN Manager networks.
For more information about these products, contact Larry DeBoever or Dan Brayton at Micro Tempus, Inc., at (514) 397-9512.
Additional query words: 2.00 2.10 2.10a 2.20 IBM MVS mainframe